Talk

Advanced search

Too much soil in the beds. What to do with it all?

(7 Posts)
BettySpaghettiOnAJetty Wed 01-Jun-11 17:21:33

An odd question, I know, but just moved into a rented house with the first ever garden I have ever had and the front has flowerbeds with too much soil in them, it's all washing down onto the paths. Don't want to spend money on edging things, and can't put it in the green bin. How can I dispose of it. Dh suggested a sort of 'great escape' idea where we put it in our pockets and dispose of it down our trouser legs whilst walking to the shops. I suggested asking you lot for a more practical and less silly way.

ZimboMum Wed 01-Jun-11 17:39:56

grin Love the great escape idea!

See if any of your neighbours want some soil for their gardens? Buy some big pots for flowers/veg and fill them from the beds?

Good luck!

Madlizzy Wed 01-Jun-11 17:43:34

Take it off, make a pile in the garden for now and then advertise free top soil on freecycle.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 01-Jun-11 18:02:46

Dig a big hole and bury it.

grin

BelovedCunt Wed 01-Jun-11 18:04:45

agree with freecycle

MoreBeta Wed 01-Jun-11 18:12:20

Dig a small trench alongside the path about 10 cm deep and a spade with wide and then throw the soil you dug out to the back of the bed.

There isnt really too much soil. Its just that you really need edging material alongside a path. If you dont want to buy some you will just need to scoop the soil back away from the path occasisonally when you do some weeding of the bed.

BikeRunSki Wed 01-Jun-11 18:13:37

I'll have it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now