Talk

Advanced search

Will the cordylines survive?

(3 Posts)
Mspontipine Tue 04-Jan-11 02:41:31

I have a beautiful. loved red cordyline, around 7 years old. Like all around it has gone completely flop leaved (for want of a better description!)

Will they survive?

jalopy Tue 04-Jan-11 17:29:24

Well my cordyline was doing fabulously well until last winter. After last year's snow and frost, it looked positively dead but I left it in situ and by the following summer it had grown new shoots and looked very promising.

I've just been out to the garden and have noticed that all the new growths have been affected by the recent snow. The prolonged arctic conditions are too much for it. I think I should have put a fleece on it.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes. It's a shame, isn't it?

Mspontipine Tue 04-Jan-11 22:59:16

It sure is - by good luck alone really I have managed to see mine through from a £5.99 plant to... well a tree really with a right trunk and everything and it was rather splendid.

You never know though ...

Now I'm thinking I should have put a fleece round my magnolia tree in a pot too - loads of buds already and mum said I should protect it but do I listen grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: