Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ACCA anyone is qualified?

(5 Posts)
M2R2 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:57:59

I would like to know, if you done it how much did you earn straight when becoming part-qualified and how much after finishing all 14 papers.
And for the 3 years experience does it have to be full time or can we do it as part time? Will it be full paid good salary or is it a low paid job as they know you need it.
Sorry lots of questions but i am in the middle of it and not sure if I should continue 🤐

Iamsounreasonable Sun 04-Jun-17 13:36:55

Hi,

I'm doing ACCA now.

If you work in audit you get paid more and better support, and they rush you through exams so you qualify quickly but they tend to only take on fresh graduates and you have the added stress that if you fail an exam you get fired!

I earn £20k now which I think is below what I should do (half way there) but I get more study support than most do in industry. I do work like a dog though. 40hours contracted but often its more like 45-50 and then I have to study in the meantime.

I think it varies hugely over areas of the country. Try using job websites to get a better idea.

Oh and most places don't recognise "part qualified" as a thing. its just based on your work experience until you finish the exams.

You need to do 3 years full time. Its based on number of hours per week, up to a max of 35. If you only did 17 hours you would need 6 years work experience. If you can afford to do part time I would do that then maybe switch to full time when you've done your exams. Coping with full time and exams has meant I have no life for the past 2 years.

CowParsleyNettle Sun 04-Jun-17 13:42:50

I was earning around £23k plus bonus doing AAT Level 2. For ACCA studying I would say it depends on what you are doing, who you are working for, what prior qualifications and experience you have and where abouts you are in your ACCA studies.

I'm AAT qualified and have decided not to undertake ACCA until I return to full time work as I think I'd be making myself too qualified with not enough experience.

Kez100 Sat 24-Jun-17 13:14:37

I'm ACA (well, FCA now) qualified and just having the qualification opens opportunities but you have to be prepared to take on the appropriate responsibility too in order to progress to higher pay. You also need to have the practical experience but most professional qualifications need both elements before obtaining fully qualified status.

It's a very good career option with lots of opportunities and compensation from good to extraordinarily good, but where you fall on that scale will depend on more than just the paper qualifications.

Kez100 Sat 24-Jun-17 13:16:59

About the experience, I suspect you can do it part time but it will have to add up to full time equivalent. So on half time, you'll do 6 years not 3. However, you should have progression pay points within that period. A starter is nowhere near as chargeable in the office as a finalist is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now