Talk

Advanced search

Accounting and Finance-Which Uni ?

(5 Posts)
mumma24 Fri 13-Jan-17 08:49:21

My sons 16 and wants to study management accounting. Does anyone know of a good Uni to study this ?

Lunenburg Fri 13-Jan-17 08:58:50

I appreciate this isn't what you have asked, but if MA is your son's choice of profession don't overlook the Apprentice / Training Contract route.

After a lot of discussion with me (I am a MA) my God Daughter took that route. She is now qualified, has had a job with the same practice since the day she left School and has no University debt hanging over her.

She feels that doing it that way and not going to Uni was the best decision she has ever made.

Nellyphants Fri 13-Jan-17 09:01:48

I studied part time while working. Qualified at 20. I'd also recommend this route. I don't work in this field anymore but it was a good general professional qualification

LIZS Fri 13-Jan-17 09:07:44

Dh did it after a degree(History) while working. Your ds needs to check if each course would actually give any advantage in qualifying or just a few exemptions from professional exams. Agree he may be better going down an apprenticeship route at 18.

mumma24 Fri 13-Jan-17 09:18:56

Thank you, I hadn't thought of apprenticeship route, I'll will look into that option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now