100% online early years diploma or a degree

(6 Posts)
wiziliz Tue 01-Nov-16 11:34:20

hello everyone
has anyone done any early years diploma courses or any online degrees? Or could someone please guide me on a good certified online early years course.
thanks

HSMMaCM Tue 01-Nov-16 19:21:37

I enrolled for the Early Years degree with the Open University. You get a certificate along the way if you don't want to do the full degree. Would that be any good?

If it's just an NVQ you are looking for, one of my staff did a correspondence one through NEC.

badgerhead Tue 01-Nov-16 22:38:15

I finished my BA (Hons) in Early Years with the Open University this summer, it took me 5 years to complete. Once you have completed the equivalent to the 1st year of a degree you have a level 4 qualification, after 2 years a level 5 and finally the degree. But with the OU it is two modules per year, usually done part time so one module per year, potentially taking 6 years for the degree. I did my '2nd' year full time therefore completing in 5 years.
Although it is challenging I really feel that I have accomplished something by doing it.

Haffdonga Tue 01-Nov-16 22:41:53

I have recently met two different people with an online childcare qualification (level 3). Both have found it very difficult to get a job. Employers want practical experience as much as or more than certificates.

HSMMaCM Wed 02-Nov-16 09:54:39

Badger - mine took me 6.5 years grin

Haffdonga - that's true, so practical experience along side learning is good.

laurzj82 Sat 19-Nov-16 16:59:45

Hi, I'm hoping to do ou one next year but I know UEL also do one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now