Talk

Advanced search

University Summer Schools

(6 Posts)
notrege Mon 16-May-16 16:10:32

There are creative summer schools suitable for students considering further or higher education here uca.ac.uk/summer-schools/ - although I work for this university, no ulterior motive as they are free - wished my children had been able to do these - give a residential or non residential chance to experience a tiny slice of university life.....

Sotaku Wed 18-May-16 01:43:55

That's really useful to know. Thanks. My arty DC is only in year 9 but hopefully this will still be on offer in a few years.

notrege Wed 18-May-16 08:59:04

Thanks - If your DC is going into y10 next year it's worth applying - depending on numbers they stand a chance of getting in

Sotaku Fri 27-May-16 18:58:23

As we live far away, she'd need to do one of the residential courses so it looks she'll have to wait as those are only at 6th form level. I'm sure she'll let her arty mates know as well so you'll get a few applications from them in a few years time. Hopefully some other parents will spot your post in the meantime since it looks a great opportunity.

Sotaku Fri 27-May-16 18:58:48

As we live far away, she'd need to do one of the residential courses so it looks she'll have to wait as those are only at 6th form level. I'm sure she'll let her arty mates know as well so you'll get a few applications from them in a few years time. Hopefully some other parents will spot your post in the meantime since it looks a great opportunity.

Sotaku Fri 27-May-16 19:04:56

Oh, just saw the one she said she liked was for year 11s as well. She's closer to that so will check again next year to see what's on offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now