Advanced search

Accomodation whilst at Uni when you have a child

(2 Posts)
SL90 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:29:28

Hi everyone
I'm looking at going to uni next September as my child has turned 5 this year so I have gone back to college to get the qualification that I need to get onto the course that I would like to do.
My question is how does accommodation work when you have a child?
I'm looking at going to Anglia Ruskin (hopefully if I get in) at their Colchester site.
I currently live in London so would have to relocate to Colchester in order to go to uni there
I know I would need to private rent but from experience it was hard work just to find a flat here that would be willing to take me, would it be easier looking for 2 bed student accommodation or would they be less likely to allow me to rent with them?
Also I currently live alone with my son but potentially my new partner will be moving with me how does this affect my chances too?
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you x

scatterthenuns Mon 02-Nov-15 19:17:22

There are one bed flats available at Colchester, they'd probably be suitable for small families -

Other than that, private renting.

However, many unis have family accommodation available so you should ring their housing people and see what they suggest. You're not unique!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: