Talk

Advanced search

Btec extended dip music teaching hours at confetti institute

(5 Posts)
Butby Thu 29-Oct-15 07:02:14

My daughter is fairly set on music performance and song writing at confetti institute in Nottingham. I am very impressed by the facilities and the course but they advised that there is only 14 hours teaching per week over 3 days. How does this compare with other settings and courses? My concern is my daughter being motivated on the 2 days she isn't there

eatyourveg Thu 29-Oct-15 08:24:24

You should be looking at around 540 guided learning hours per academic year for a L3 ED so depending on how many weeks are in each term that would sound about right.

grannycake Thu 29-Oct-15 08:35:02

The L3 extended diploma will have a heavy workload of assignments - your daughter will have plenty to occupy her time during those two days. BTECs are seen as the easier option than A levels but they do need students to plan and organise their studies in order to cope with the coursework element. This means a fair amount of independent work which is not completed in classes. The new rules around BTEC which are due to change from 2016 will probably include a much bigger element of external assessment as it now already does for the L2

titchy Thu 29-Oct-15 08:37:06

A levels are 4-5 contact hours per week for each subject so that sounds OK to me. She will be expected to do LOTS of practical and coursework in her free time.

GasLIghtShining Thu 29-Oct-15 21:29:01

Standard for a BTEC course. As others have said there is a heavy assignment workload so there won't be much time to sit around doing nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now