Talk

Advanced search

University of Arts London Extended Diploma?

(6 Posts)
Silkchiffon Wed 22-Jul-15 17:25:18

Have just had course info through from the Art College that ds is due to go to in September.

He applied to take a BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production but letter says they have changed to the UAL diploma.

No mention of this at the interview back in March or since and I can't find much about the course other than on the UAL site. Anyone know about this course and how it compares to BTEC?

Millymollymama Wed 22-Jul-15 18:31:06

I am confused. I thought the lowest course they offered, because they are a University, was the Foundation Diploma (leading to a degree) and there are several options for this at the different colleges that make up the University of the Arts (London). None of them seem to be Creative Media Production. Which college offered the BTEC course? Normally a Foundation Diploma requires 1 A level. If it has similar entry requirements, then it is similar. Usually a Foundation Diploma is strong preparation for a degree so I would take the Diploma. Is there no-one available at the College?

titchy Thu 23-Jul-15 16:37:02

It's a level 3 qualification - same as the BTEC. (MMM - universities can and do validate non degree level courses run at colleges.).

OP it's fine!

titchy Thu 23-Jul-15 20:32:22

It's on the UCAS website as a tariffable qualification by the way if you're not sure if it's a legitimate qualification.

LIZS Thu 23-Jul-15 20:35:41

Not unusual to change accrediting body. As long as it is essentially the same course in content and level there is no problem.

Belleview Thu 30-Jul-15 10:18:50

Is the syllabus the same? Just a change in accreditation ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now