Advanced search

A level business studies.

(5 Posts)
oneboy3girls Thu 29-Jan-15 09:56:49

A level business studies My dad is choosing two A level she has natural talent for She is also thinking of business studies. She may or may not go into banking How useful is business studies for life and getting into uni? Dad is ddtia

EatShitDerek Thu 29-Jan-15 09:58:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oneboy3girls Thu 29-Jan-15 12:47:13

Thanks for replying.

MillyMollyMama Sun 01-Feb-15 17:54:54

It will depend what level of banking your DD intends to go into. Business Studies won't be brilliant if she is looking at a City bank. They like Maths, Sciences and Economics degrees. If she is looking for a job in banking as a school leaver, I would check out what the banks prefer. My DD did Business studies but she is actually highly creative and this went alongside two Art A levels but was of no interest to her university.

LIZS Sun 01-Feb-15 18:00:59

You don't need business studies a level for a career in banking or finance. Post grad/vocational qualifications are more widely recognised. You don't even need it to study for a business or accountancy based degree ( which might give you exemptions from some later modules).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now