Talk

Advanced search

Renting near sought after school

(3 Posts)
boyngirl Fri 09-Oct-09 15:28:07

Suspending any moral opinion (well you don't have to, but I'm after information!), what are the rules about this?

It's prohibitively expensive to move near the north London comp we want dc to go to (and it's complicated as we are renting in another area at the mo and don't know where to move or rent or buy!) so renting near to the time is one thought.

How long do you have to have lived in the area? Do you have home visits to check you live there or just produce paperwork? Do you have to have sold your other property or give reasons as to why you own a property out of the catchment and are renting elsewhere?

Thanks v much in advance for any advice.

LIZS Fri 09-Oct-09 15:33:21

you need to post in Education to attract mroe answers. They would check the address , probably council tax bills etc as evidence and you amy need to prove longer term residency such as registering with local gp. 2 addresses would raise eyebrows. Too many people have played the system ahead of you and other parents may well shop you .

boyngirl Fri 09-Oct-09 15:52:44

oops meant to post in secondary education, will do so. Thanks for your response. Yes I imagine many parents would be unhappy and I understand that. In this particular area it's extremely common though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now