Talk

Advanced search

Personal credit rating v. company/business credit rating?

(2 Posts)
YouCantFindMeIfImHiding Wed 07-Oct-09 14:07:00

Basically I have a pretty poor credit rating, I want to go to college, and start my own business, but before I enroll (and pay out £1000's), I need to find out if my personal credit rating would effect me setting up a business?

I know I could spend what I'd be paying for the course to help improve my credit rating, but if I do the course I'd be able to eventually pay all of my debt's off and then start using any profit for our future.

I'd need some finacical help setting it all up and getting it running, and I know I could spend what I'd be paying for the course to help improve my credit rating, but if I do the course I'd be able to eventually pay all of my debt's off and then start using any profit for our future.

Would I be laughed out of the bank if I turned up with a good solid business plan and a poor credit rating?

I do also have some other questions about setting up my own business, where can I go for the answers specific to the business I'd be starting?

auntyitaly Thu 08-Oct-09 12:01:34

Your best bet is to start with this website www.startupdonut.co.uk which will give you the basics - inc free bus plan - and loads of useful tools to see if your idea will work, how to increase your chances of funding,what to do next, etc.

Then.... ring Business Link Tel 0845 600 9 006. They will help you with sector-specific business advice and might be able to assist with accessing funding, talking to an accountant or lawyer about yr finances etc etc.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now