Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking for a PR freelancer in Australia/New Zealand. For 3 days work a month.

(9 Posts)
PRStar Mon 28-Sep-09 11:29:04

Dear Freelancer community,

I am a regular on MN (not that it makes much difference, but I thought I'd mention it) and have name changed for this request.

I'm a PR Consultant on the brink of breaking into global digital PR and am looking for some help (maybe 3 days per month) to help me run a campaign for an IT consumer client in the South Pacific.

The project, which will probably take up around 3 days a month for the unforeseeable future, would suit a mum looking to return back to work; a copywriter looking to move into a more media facing role; or an enthusiastic person looking to break into PR/Freelancing for the first time.

No sector experience is required and the hours are pretty flexible - enough to fit in with a family at least. The remit would be to speak to online publications in the region, build up relationships on the clients' behalf, edit and distribute press material, undertake media research within the South Pacific area and liaise with me via Skype and email on a regular basis.

As long as I find the right person, I can guarantee this will be a creative, fun and interesting position. The client is on the cutting edge of technology and the experience the work will provide will be second to none. The pay is competitive; it's a great opportunity.

If anyone knows of a freelancer in Australia of maybe in NZ who would fit this role, then please get back to me!

Here's hoping for a good response.

from PRStar.

PRStar Tue 29-Sep-09 13:08:15

bump

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 29-Sep-09 16:13:58

Have you posted this in 'Living overseas', PRStar? Just a thought.

mrsbaldwin Fri 02-Oct-09 10:24:45

PRStar - I know several Aussie PRs working in London who in their turn have their contacts back home. If you like I'll point my London chums to your post later on.

South Pacific eh? Hope you get a trip out of it

slug Fri 02-Oct-09 11:09:57

Have you tried LinkedIn? They have a group called Kiwi Scrum with loads of Kiwi IT/Business types.

luckyblackcat Fri 02-Oct-09 11:16:02

My Dh runs a PR consultancy with an office in Melborne to service Aus/NZ and Asia Pac.

Cat me if you think we can be of assistance.

PRStar Fri 02-Oct-09 15:46:40

HI all,

Thanks for your feedback. I would be interested in speaking to all mentioned, however I'm not sure the budget would extend to an agency (I got a quote from one and it was $200 an hour. With the current currency rates, that's way over what I can afford).

Mrsbaldwin; if you would point your friends in my direction, I'd appreciate it.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Tue 06-Oct-09 16:03:15

PRStar - are you still checking this thread? I have a friend who is about to start up as a freelancer. She has two DCs and is just about to go back to work part time. She sounds like what you could be looking for.

Could you CAT me and i will send her your details.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Tue 06-Oct-09 16:04:53

She is in Melbourne by the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now