Talk

Advanced search

Anybody who uses MrSite for ecommerce site? I need a bit of help setting mine up!

(11 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Wed 26-Aug-09 01:24:14

It is coming together nicely. But one thing I am not sure of is - is there anywhere to add a "quantity"? Like if I only have 6 of a certain product in stock, and somebody buys 7 - that is going to end up in disaster! But I do want them to be able to buy more than one?

I might be being blind as I am very tired but can't see an option anywhere?

tinytalker Wed 26-Aug-09 13:17:09

There is the option for the customer to add more than 1 of each item into their basket which it then totals the price on checkout. I don't think there is a way of linking that in to your stock (preventing them buying too many) as this would be quite advanced programming. However, the way I get round it is by stating how many of each product I have in stock within the item description and then hoping the customer takes note. Luckily with Mr.Site it is easy to change things instantly as and when you need to without having to wait for a webdesigner to do it.

JennyPenny22 Thu 27-Aug-09 13:27:02

tinytalker - that really annoying. TBH that is making me wish I had gone else where sad. I know it sounds like a little thing but really I do think it is going to cause me problems as I am not always going to have enough to do larger orders but don't want to limit them to one. Thats annoying. I think WAHM cart allow you to do it.

tinytalker Thu 27-Aug-09 14:14:02

Oh dear, sorry about that.
I may be wrong!

WebDude Thu 27-Aug-09 17:01:31

PayPal has an option for 'stock control' but must admit I have not yet needed to use it.

In the section where you create a button there's a place marked for Inventory, Profit and Loss, which is there for stock control.

You put the item ID in, the number of items you have, and the 'warning level' (PayPal sends you mail saying stock is getting low, the way I read it).

Cannot claim to be great expert with PP but have seen it in passing, so it can be done, JennyPenny.

WebDude Thu 27-Aug-09 17:04:18

Forgot - I've not seen what MrSite offers for a shopping basket, sorry, JP. Was thinking back to the site that tinytalker has on MrSite which uses PayPal.

JennyPenny22 Thu 27-Aug-09 22:00:46

oohh thats interesting webdude!

JennyPenny22 Fri 28-Aug-09 00:54:52

Tinytalker - do you know if there is a way to change the order of your pages on the page list? Mine are all in a muddle where I have been adding them as I do them and don't know how many I need yet. Doesn't REALLY matter but looks odd at the moment and will take up another hour or so to do it all manually.

tinytalker Fri 28-Aug-09 10:08:49

Yes you can.
At the menu page after you have signed in go to the drop down 'quick jump' menu on the right hand side. Go down to option 3. Admin and option b. is 'Shuffle Pages'.

JennyPenny22 Fri 28-Aug-09 21:56:37

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

JennyPenny22 Fri 11-Sep-09 21:30:28

Right I have ended up upgrading to pro because I needed stock control. BUT I can't find how to sort the postage out? Or do the checkout bit?

REALLY PUZZLED!!!!

I have emailed them but know I wont get a reponse till next week and my site is ready to go live! ARGH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now