Talk

Advanced search

Calling all make up artists!!!!!

(8 Posts)
ivet83 Tue 25-Aug-09 16:06:26

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are any make up artists out there who can share some tips with me. I want to train to become a make up artist but the courses are so expensive...I don't know where to start. I would like to find someone who would train me up for a fee or let me help and get some work experience that way. I am willing to work for free! If anyone has any advice to share please come forward

watsthestory Tue 25-Aug-09 16:10:48

Message withdrawn

ivet83 Tue 25-Aug-09 16:55:13

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I don't mind which area I work in....I just want to work with make up. I know that in this industry is all about the skills you have not the qualification so much. Are you a make up artist?

watsthestory Tue 25-Aug-09 16:56:57

Message withdrawn

ivet83 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:00:50

Watsthestory thank you so much really appreaciate your advice I might apply for positions like in John Lewis and Debenhams? Do you live in London? Would you let me overshadow? I can just come and watch you work.....it will be invaluable for me

watsthestory Tue 25-Aug-09 18:28:57

Message withdrawn

ivet83 Tue 25-Aug-09 18:50:29

There is a really popular academy called Greasepaint in London and they do professional course that includes everything media, fashion, bridal etc. It's 3000 pounds....I think I will save up first cause I want to do it properly

ivet83 Tue 25-Aug-09 18:52:20

I am a single mummy and I would like to have a job to fit around me and that I will be able to work when I want. If it kicks off it will be really good I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now