Talk

Advanced search

Web Design - startup help please.

(8 Posts)
LilRedWG Sat 22-Aug-09 11:20:43

I am considering doing some basic websites for customers of my FIL.

I have the experience and capability, plus DD will soon be at nursery 15 hours a week, so ideal timing.

But I am constantly putting it off because whenever I look on the web for info on starting a business - which I'm guessing I'd need to do - it all seems so complicated.

How can I do this legally but with the minimum of fuss? I am going to call the local Business Link next week, but thought I'd ask here for MN wisdom first.

Please help!

MegSophandEmma Sat 22-Aug-09 11:24:35

The best people to contact would be the business link

"here www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/home?domain=www.businesslink.gov.uk&target=http://www.businessl ink.gov.uk/

MegSophandEmma Sat 22-Aug-09 11:25:15

OMG been here for four years and still can't do links blush

MegSophandEmma Sat 22-Aug-09 11:26:16

PMSL sorry I just saw your already pklanning on speaking to the business link.

I'm off to sort my head out lol

LilRedWG Sat 22-Aug-09 11:26:29

LOL - thanks. I am calling them next week. Just wanting some basic tips so that I don't look like a complete numpty when I speak to them.

morningpaper Sat 22-Aug-09 11:28:07

All you need to do is register as self-employed, make sure your do all the right paperwork, pay your National Insurance contributions quarterly and fill in a tax return once a year.

morningpaper Sat 22-Aug-09 11:28:52

I do this btw - feel free to CAT me and I'll send you some info

LilRedWG Sat 22-Aug-09 11:46:24

Don't have CAT MP. Would you mind emailing me at lilredwg@googlemail.com please.

Thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now