Talk

Advanced search

Should I give up?

(4 Posts)
flippy Thu 20-Aug-09 12:28:19

I've namechanged, sorry if this is long.
WWYD, pleae tell me, if you were 2 years into self employment, no debts but slowly increasing overdraft, solvent but not making any money, stressed out by the amount of work and the accounting etc.
Your marriage is suffering badly and is on the point of collapse although business worries are not the only problem (however, there is no space/time to work on the other problems), your children who for one reason or another need extra help are not thriving especially well just treading water, you are exhausted and your health is beginning to suffer.
You have no immediate financial worries and can support the family from savings for a few months, and you have the option of totally downscaling again and pursuing your career in a much smaller way whilst addressing all the problems in the above paragraph.
Well the answer seems obvious when I write it all down. I think downscale.
How do I wind up a business and get out of a 5 year lease at 2 years, when the business is not bankrupt?
Unless you think 'continue as you are', I am off to legal issues to post there about the lease!
But grateful for any views.

TracyK Thu 20-Aug-09 13:40:42

Can you sublet or get a manager to run the business for you for a while?

TracyK Thu 20-Aug-09 13:41:07

or try and sell the business on daltons?

flippy Thu 20-Aug-09 16:55:33

Sorry, I went shopping.
I think I'd have to pay about £27,000pa for someone to run it, which probably would render it insolvent anyway. And I don't want to sell it as a running concern because I can see myself doing, perhaps, 1 or 2 projects a year - it would be difficult to sell if the present owner is going to stay in the same business locally.
But thanks, at least I feel I am considering every avenue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now