Talk

Advanced search

Any La Jolie Ronde licensees out there?

(11 Posts)
chicaguapa Mon 10-Aug-09 19:50:45

Have just signed up to LJR to teach Spanish from September. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all - isn't it such a huge responsibility when parents give you their money!

mummatoone Fri 14-Aug-09 14:00:08

My sister teaches La Jolie Ronde and loves the fact that she's her own boss as she puts it. If youre unsure of anything speak to HO my sister has a mentor or contact she speaks with regularly

Chrysanthamum Wed 19-Aug-09 12:42:33

Hi I do it. Just started last November. Its great fun although I didn't get as good a response as I'd hoped and my classes are small. I don't like the marketing side of things but the teaching is fab.

chicaguapa Sat 22-Aug-09 15:17:57

Yeah, my classes are small too. :-( But it's all part of my mission to provide young kids with the chance to learn Spanish. As long as I don't end up paying to have to do it, I don't mind that I won't earn very much.

Do you have the Mifu and Tina puppets? I'm trying to find soft toys that look like them instead! Tina is easy - there's a great mouse in Ikea - but can't find anything that looks like Mifu.

mummatoone Mon 24-Aug-09 11:56:37

Have you tried advertising on some of the parenting websites what about MN??? I'll ask my sister about the puppets

chicaguapa Mon 24-Aug-09 15:39:49

It's a closed centre at DC school so no point advertising locally. It's not a problem though.

painauchocolat Tue 25-Aug-09 11:09:19

Ive just started aswell and must admit Im loving it. Really like the flexibility of it all. What marketing has everyone been doing?

chicaguapa Tue 25-Aug-09 16:16:28

I've just sent book bag letters home and start w/c 14 Sept. Though Neil at LJR has suggested doing a "bring a friend" week after 3 or 4 weeks to try and get some more people signed up. Just wading through my training at the moment.

boneybones Wed 26-Aug-09 21:16:29

I started teaching LJR earlier this year, yes the marketing is abit overwhelming to begin with but it definately paid off for me. You just have to have a plan and stick with it. My pupil numbers are increasing slowly and steadily which suits me fine as its easy to manage around my own kids.

I did some summer school fetes early June and July, just had a table with postcards, did a French Quiz and offered crossiants, pain, brioche etc... attracted lots of attention and gain 5 new pupils starting in Sept!!!

boneybones Fri 11-Sep-09 21:53:48

Im doing an event to celebrate the European Day of Languages - anyone else organising one?

ilovegarlic Tue 29-Sep-09 11:51:18

Ive just emailed La Jolie Ronde to find out more anyone got any advice or do this part time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now