Talk

Advanced search

Where to advertise a home job?

(20 Posts)
biscuit76 Tue 04-Aug-09 17:49:59

I'm hoping some self-employed peeps can help. I'm trying to find a virtual admin assistant.

The post is only for 10hours a week and the only places I can find to advertise the position want to change a lot without any real guarantee that people will apply.

Any ideas where I can advertise the position for free or for a good price?

DaisybabyScaredOfCows Tue 04-Aug-09 18:08:40

Could advertise here - and i would be interested grin.

Gumtree has quite a good response rate.

juneybean Tue 04-Aug-09 18:09:37

Can you not advertise free on jobcentre (can't remember the logistics)

biscuit76 Tue 04-Aug-09 18:13:27

I think to advertise here I need to pay - is that right?

I tried the job centre and they said as it was a homeworking position it wasn't suitable for them.

Will have a look on Gumtree - thanks

juneybean Tue 04-Aug-09 18:23:18

I think so, tis about £23/£35 can't remember off top of my head.

What do you mean by virtual??

juneybean Tue 04-Aug-09 18:25:15

Sorry its £50 an ad on here.

squeaver Tue 04-Aug-09 18:27:20

Honestly, I think it would be worth the money on here. I think you'd get a lot of replies.

Does Loot still do free ads?

tinytalker Tue 04-Aug-09 18:29:00

Have you tried People Per Hour and Netmums?

biscuit76 Tue 04-Aug-09 19:13:15

Virtual as in remote - ie every thing done via email and online as I work from home so don't have an office for an assistant to work from.

Have already tried Netmums but it is a bit tedious as you have to do it area by area and I don't mind where some one is based.

fabhead Tue 04-Aug-09 19:39:57

I am looking for work as a virtual assistant if that is any help! I think if you advertised here you would get a lot of responses

plimple Tue 04-Aug-09 19:45:20

Hi,
If you advertise on here though where do people go to see the advert? Is it on a talk thread as I can't see a jobs link on the top header board.
Arts jobs is a good place if it's arts related.

walkthedinosaur Tue 04-Aug-09 19:50:25

Or contact me, it's what I do, I'm already set up with a home office and have been doing this for three years so know what I'm doing.

juneybean Tue 04-Aug-09 19:55:18

Think you might have a few people after the job already! <could be interested>

biscuit76 Mon 17-Aug-09 18:30:15

If anyone is interested then please contact me!

NetworkGuy Tue 18-Aug-09 12:03:29

You might want to put something on your profile, so people can see a bit more info...

As it happens, I was considering the same sort of thing (want a way to get new business, and give commission to people who can submit mobile numbers from businesses in their area - any of the small biz people like painters and decorators, plumbers, gas fitters, electricians, window cleaners and so on, so they can go in a uk-wide info site, so anyone listed would pay a tenner and whoever submitted them gets half... and for those wanting a website anyone submitting them gets a tenner... anyway, but I think it would be worth doing the 50 quid thing and remember if MN ever wants a listing they have to pay me 200 not 10 )

biscuit76 Tue 18-Aug-09 12:10:49

Can you believe that Netmums removed my post - apparently they had had reports that my job vacancy wasn't what it looks like! Not even sure what that means - maybe they don't understand what a virtual admin assistant is!

Shar12 Tue 18-Aug-09 14:14:44

Hi, I'd be interested... if you are still looking for someone, please contact me.

40andhappy Tue 18-Aug-09 21:29:52

Hi, I am interested too if you haven't filled the vacancy. I'm already doing this sort of work from home and could do with another client! Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks.

Webme1 Wed 19-Aug-09 17:08:09

I have found a number of listings in the Google search engine under virtual assistants (VAs). Some are agencies and some individuals. Prices seem to vary considerably.

You can also advertise with:
Gumtree
Vivastreet
Trade It
Craigslist.

You could put a free ad on the free ads section of my site www.webme1.com too.

I hope you find just the right person. Good luck.

wiseowl02 Sat 17-Oct-09 18:01:03

Hi every one, I have been reading quite a lot of your comments, and thought i should tell you that i am full time self employed cleaner, with a full Enhanced Disclosure (CRB) check.
If anyone is looking for a cleaner in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire, please point them in my direction.
I love cleaning and have a great attention to detail.
I offer weekly, two weekly, monthly cleans, all aspects of house cleaning undertaken, no job is too small.
I also do spring cleans, one off cleans, end of tenancy cleans etc, the list is endless.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now