Talk

Advanced search

would be very grateful for any help re; funeral floristry

(7 Posts)
NormaLeighLucid Thu 18-Jun-09 16:13:49

Hi Just looking for some advice really. I currently own a freelance floristry business and mainly deal with weddings which is weekend work usually and that side of things is fine.

What I am trying to do is maybe provide flowers for funerals which would be for during the week but cant seem to break into it IYKWIM.

What I need to know is this, do funeral parlours/directors usually recommend a florist to use or do they offer the flowers within a package.

Would really appreciate any feed back from any of those who have used a florist for this type of occasion.

Hope you dont mind me asking

Thanks

moshie Thu 18-Jun-09 17:10:27

I have bought flowers for a funeral from the funeral directors as part of the package, individually priced though.
I have also bought flowers for a funeral from a local florist.

NormaLeighLucid Mon 22-Jun-09 12:17:10

Thanks for that. Would you use the internet to search for a local florist or go to a shop locally?

moshie Mon 22-Jun-09 18:55:57

I used the phone book last time, wouldn't think to use the internet to find a local business.

PortBlacksandResident Mon 22-Jun-09 18:59:09

It's all about contacts i think - same as wedding floristry.

Can you email your local Funeral directors and get them to see your work?

madlentileater Mon 22-Jun-09 19:02:10

personal touch important- being able to talk to the person doing it and talk over different options...
therefore, I would always go to a local florist if I had the option and ideally one I had used before or been personally reccommended.

ninedragons Tue 23-Jun-09 02:56:13

TBH, I think people are so pole-axed by grief when they're buying funeral flowers that they don't look on the internet. They just go with whatever package the funeral director suggests, IME.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now