Talk

Advanced search

Is it a scam? livethebrightside.com....

(6 Posts)
philpot Tue 09-Jun-09 18:23:38

My instinct says 'yes, of course it is you gullible idiot' but I can't find any mention of it anywhere, positive or negative, only adverts directing you to the website.

Anyone heard of it or sent the email and found out what it is?

NetworkGuy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:16:26

nameservers run by brandingyoursite.com

brandingyoursite.com run by

Registrant:
Douglas Bonoff
PO Box 6071
Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
United States

(public information on WHOIS system - however livethebrightside.com uses the 'Domains by Proxy' service which hides name / address of registrant, so potential 'black hole' if they ask for money )

I've not yet looked the livethebrightside.com
but generally question the motivation - if someone is making money why do they go into website work to get more people, unless it is a pyramid and they take a cut from all newcomers.

Sorry if that's too negative, but people do need to be wary of cons, esp in credit crunch.

Having said that, I will myself want to get people working from home to promote (and get advertisers for) a site which will be passing bulk of profits on to PTAs and community projects, so will face same challenge /concerns from people.

(I need people who have local knowledge, distributed across UK, esp as I've had problems getting lists of schools - England was easy, Scotland suggested a mailing list firm, Wales were OK, until stipulated 'cannot use this info on the web', have not built up strength to chase for NI lists, as seems far from being 'united', UK just makes it more difficult with being 4 countries...)

LTBS Tue 23-Jun-09 17:46:06

Dear Douglas,

Re my website: www.livethebrightside.com

Thank you for your comments and interest. Of course there are scammers out there and it's perfectly reasonable to be sceptical.

You're welcome to take a look at the business overview
http://livethebrightside.com/overview/

It may not be for everyone, but it's a great business opportunity that a lot of people are having success with.

Kind regards,
Catherine Lewis

llareggub Tue 23-Jun-09 18:01:35

I hate these sorts of websites. Why not be clear about the business opportunity so it doesn't seem like a scam. Anyway, the old adage is usually true. If it appears to good to be true, it usually is.

PortAndLemon Tue 23-Jun-09 18:08:00

The "Business Overview" page on their own website makes it sound like a pyramid scheme, so they are either (a) running a pyramid scheme, or (b) really bad at communication. In either case, avoid.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 23-Jun-09 19:38:14

The reason why you can't find any websites about it is that there about a gazillion of these sites, presumably all pushing the same ahem opportunity, but with different names.

If you google "Previously I was working for an oil company", which is the first line from one of the testimonials, you will find 2450 results. All of them look like the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now