Talk

Advanced search

Want to contribute to a magazine by mums for mums?!

(6 Posts)
marlowmum Tue 09-Jun-09 13:01:32

Hi there, I'm looking for mums who want to write an article about their business, their work, their particular passion or even their personal life (!) for a new online magazine that is entirely by mums for mums. Not a man or a big corporate in sight, just a collaboration by a bunch of real life, hands-on mums doing all sorts of interesting things as well as parenting! You can take a look at the very first edition if you go to www.mummomag.co.uk.

The magazine has had fantastic feedback so far, so I really hope you like it and are excited about the possibility of featuring in the next one! You'll notice that there are 6 main sections:

mind and body
family and home
career and business
friends and fun
community and contribution
prosperity

If you're keen to contribute, please get in touch. It would be great if you could give me an idea as to the kind of topic you'd like to cover and where you would see it fitting within the above sections. Thanks very much and looking forward to hearing from lots of you!

semi Wed 10-Jun-09 23:24:06

Some feature ideas for you:

Starting up (with a baby in tow) - if you're one of the new breed of enterpreneurial mums or dads, how can you combine business success with parental success?

Teaching/classroom assistants - why it could benefit you/your child by helping to educate someone elses...

Conditioning our brains for success

I will join the site too - and perhaps once I've got my proverbial ducks in a row (businesswise) I can make a subsequent contribution. thanks

overthemill Thu 11-Jun-09 08:26:11

how is this different from mumsnet - a way for mums to link and communicate etc?

LightShinesInTheDarkness Fri 12-Jun-09 11:04:44

I came to these threads to ask about how you get started in writing articles for mags - and wheyhey, there you were.

Will contact you separately.

Are you planning to pay for the contributions?!

DaveTheBloke Fri 12-Jun-09 11:06:06

I would but I'm a bloke so I can't

goldenpeach Fri 12-Jun-09 19:48:35

Same question as Lightshines - I'm an experienced writer/journalist so I'm looking for paid gigs. I have lots of great ideas and examples of features on my site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now