Talk

Advanced search

BOOKKEEPERS - Can anyone give me advice on starting out please?

(3 Posts)
Sherbit Tue 19-May-09 23:33:59

I have nearly completed my course and hope to sit ICB Exam. The plan is to work from home but I dont have a clue about what prices to charge. Is it a standard monthly fee? Or per hour? How much time do you allocate for your work, per client? Really I have tons of questions and would appreciate help from someone who has been there, seen it, done it/doing it!

Plus, a Recruitment Agent told me it is incredibly hard to find buisness and I would not be able to make a living from it! How was that for inspiration!

Hope to hear from someone.

cktwo Thu 21-May-09 20:18:20

Hmm, it depends really. What level of experience have you got?
I planned to work from home but I do 50% of work on clients premises.
I didn't know what to charge so I called a few other bookkeepers fromt eh Yellow Pages pretending to be a client and asked how much they charge. I charge by the hour but you could charge a flat rate.

Sherbit Sun 07-Jun-09 23:17:55

Hello. Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply,I did not think anyone was going to!? So, thankyou.

I was a Credit Controller for 15 years with SL and PL experience and a little of General Accounts, working mainly in 2 National Company's. I have learnt soooooo very much more in the course I am doing. I guess, in a way, I will be starting 'from scratch', which is why I am looking for advice on what to do next. My plan is to work from home but also working on clients premises would be ideal to. How did you get your clients business? That is a good idea to phone local companies. I guess rates will change depending on which area you work in but I wouldbe interested to know more if you would not mind divulging your business secrets?! If you would prefer, my email is elaine2312@hotmail.com.

I really, really would appreciate your advice and hope to hear from you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now