Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of a change - partyplan - but can I be arsed going out at night?

(18 Posts)
TracyK Tue 21-Oct-08 10:14:15

Have dropped a couple of clients lately (accounts type stuff) and am thinking of doing a couple of mailshots for some more work. But then I was half tempted by Pampered Chef - had a lok at their web site and it looked v. impressive - stuff I'd buy myself. or The Body Shop - or Virgin.

BUT - is it hard work - going out at nights all the time (esp. in winter)??

How much can you realistically earn?

or should I stick to what I know?

Bappymills Tue 21-Oct-08 19:00:03

I have just joined ChocoliciousUK and it is great because there are no targets so I can do as much or as little as I like.

Can't you carry on doing what your doing and try out a party plan business on the side? Then if you find its not right for you, you will still have your other income.

MrsDougRoss Thu 23-Oct-08 17:31:31

I am also thinking about Pampered chef, but am very unsure about the selling. I am struggling to book my 6 parties that i need to start. That is because I do not wantto go into my friends houses and try to get money from their friends.

TracyK Fri 24-Oct-08 09:51:52

I thought it was only 4 parties? 6 is quite a lot isn't it.

I just really liked the look of their web site and thought 'I'd buy their stuff' which is half the battle when selling for me.

wannaBe Fri 24-Oct-08 09:58:41

who are chocolicious?

A friend of mine is a pampered chef consultant. It is hard work and she is often out till 10:30/11:00 3/4 nights a week. But she was saying this morning that she often does up to 2 grand in sales a month and earns 20% of that in commission.

I think reality is that there's no such thing as easy money.

wannaBe Fri 24-Oct-08 10:03:05

have just looked at chocolicious website and am a bit hmm as it's full of spelling mistakes!

TracyK Fri 24-Oct-08 10:11:37

That's what I thought WB - late nights etc. Don't know if I fancy that just now. ds just 4 and still likes his mummy to put him to bed every night.

I presume there's no merit in trying to organise these parties in the mornings when kids are at school and the mummies are free?

TracyK Fri 24-Oct-08 10:21:56

You're right WB - not a very impressive website at all.

chocolatelady Fri 24-Oct-08 21:38:48

I am Pampered Chef consultant and if you want to chat more I have placed an advert on the website on the classifieds for business. If you go there I will tell you more about it. The reason you have to have 6 parites is just to allow it if you have cancellations. Unfortunatly they sometimes happen. When I started actually only 2 of my initial parties booked did actually happen but I still got all my four within a month. You don't have to do evenings as you can do coofee mornings and they works just as well.
I also only do 1 to 2 parties per week and I don't work half terms or school holiday. Just go to job available for those with children. Very good pay! Doing cooking demonstrations!and maybe we can talk about it more freely!!!

Schlumpf Sat 25-Oct-08 20:04:47

Or take a look at this opportunity (under 'The Opportunity' at the bottom of the site- it's nice because it's more about saving people money. You can also easily do it in the daytime, when kids have a playdate etc.

mel36 Sun 26-Oct-08 10:14:52

Hi Tracy,

I do The Body Shop At Home parties and in all truth you can find with any party plan company that its a bit like a roller coaster, sometimes its great and you earn loads , and sometimes its hard work, however saying that on the run up to Christmas - i know that for 2-3 hours work i will earn an average of £50 - £80 + as people actually want me to do their parties so they can get their gifts sorted. its the type of thing you can run along side another party plan too. and til the end of the month, there's a mini offer - just to be a christmas seller. if any one would like to know more - i'd be happy to help

mel xx

baiyu Mon 27-Oct-08 09:57:44

Hi Tracy,
I've just started as an Usborne organiser and I'm already very into it. The books are fantastic and the hours will be a lot more suitable than something more adults only. I'm not planning on doing any late nights and I can take my LO with me. If you want to know more e-mail me at ailsabooks@gmail.com smile

ShortPedant Tue 28-Oct-08 18:08:43

WannaBe and TracyK
Just curious - did you look at www.chocolicious.com or www.chocolicious.co.uk?
SP
x

TracyK Tue 28-Oct-08 20:51:31

Hi SP - I did have a look - but it didn't really appeal to me. Quite expensive and limited range. Not a very professional web site either.

ShortPedant Thu 30-Oct-08 00:01:12

Sorry TracyK, what I meant was *which one* did you look at? One of the two sites I linked seems less professional than the other, but I was just interested to learn which one you were referring to and whether your thoughts agreed with mine!
Apologies for the confusion.
SP
[a bit ashamed of my nosiness now!]

littlelapin Thu 30-Oct-08 00:06:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolatelady Thu 30-Oct-08 09:57:54

In Pampered Chef you can do your parties in the morning. I do quite a load of coofee mornings and get on average £60 to £80 par morning.

TracyK Fri 31-Oct-08 09:29:45

Sorry SP - get you now!

I think I googled and it took me to chocoliciousuk.co.uk. On home page they spelled several wrongly. Also the photos are very grainy and not good quality. Not glossy and decadent - which is the look I'd be going for if I were them. What did you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now