Advanced search

any way to claim childcare vouchers if your company won't do it?

(6 Posts)
BeanieBag Sat 11-Oct-08 09:07:03

Hi, my husband has been working for a company for the past 3 years who won't do childcare vouchers because they claim it costs too much in accountancy fees to administer. I heard that you can claim them yourself if you are self employed? But does anyone know if you can claim them if your company won't?

sep1712 Sat 11-Oct-08 09:13:23

By law, if there are a certain number of employees (Can't remember amount!!) you have to offer them. It will also save the company money as they don't need to pay employers NI on this money. Hope this helps but theres more info on directgov.

ShinyPinkShoes Sat 11-Oct-08 09:13:45

You can't, no I'm afraid it does seem very ufair that his company won't do it. Have they actually looked into it?

The only reason I ask is that it really isn't a big deal at all so I suspect they are just being lazy angry

ShinyPinkShoes Sat 11-Oct-08 09:16:35

Er no- I don't believe that they have to offer them by law at all so I have to disagree with that comment.

BeanieBag Sat 11-Oct-08 10:16:22

thanks. the issue seems to be that it is a small company so they use outside accountants who would charge them for the time taken to set it all up. I wonder if they realise tho that it would save them in NI. will gather more info and get my husband to speak to them again.

sep1712 Sat 11-Oct-08 15:16:11

ok shinypinkshoes forgive me i may have got that wrong!!!!
If the company do offer them they have to open it up for everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: