Talk

Advanced search

So tell me about Usborne Books...

(15 Posts)
baiyu Fri 10-Oct-08 00:03:38

Do you do it? Is it worth it? Is it fun?
I'm 23 with a 5 month old DS. I was a student until last year but my degree is nothing special. I'm looking for a way to make some money without having to give up being a SAHM. I absolutely love childrens books. Any advice? Should I be finding out if there'll be too much competition in the area? I'd really love to hear how others have found it.

Thank you!

MadamDeathstare Fri 10-Oct-08 01:39:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

baiyu Fri 10-Oct-08 17:28:53

That's really interesting, thank you. I will get checking out the competition. The flexibility really appeals to me but i'm a little concerned about taking any financial risk.

Any other stories? smile

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 10-Oct-08 17:43:03

Looky here baiyu

schwotz Fri 10-Oct-08 17:50:20

nice link wabbit fabio wink

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 10-Oct-08 17:58:58

On behalf of the bunny

(oh am in beeg trouble now)

schwotz Fri 10-Oct-08 18:00:16

BIG wobbly ears and pink nose trouble

whoever you are grin

baiyu Sat 11-Oct-08 22:15:51

Thanks very much, I'm now in contact with littlelapin and giving it some serious thought.
Cheers!

abeeba Mon 13-Oct-08 17:03:38

Hiya

I am an usborne organiser, i joined in june, i have a team and work alot - there are loads of us around but dont let that put you off!! If you want a proper chat about this send me an email and i will get back to you, i am looking for more organiseres to join my team as i keep finding my slef double booked - v anoying!!

but i wont pessure you, if you fancy a chat abotu it give me a shout. abbie@loveusbornebooks.co.uk

speak to you soon x

abeeba Mon 13-Oct-08 17:05:34

shocking typing above blush

chocolatelady Mon 13-Oct-08 17:10:51

HI I am a pampered chef consultant. Its worth checking out the costs. I only invested £47 in my business and on my first Pampered chef party received £80 comission. The obligation is very small as all you have to do is 4 parties. And if you don't like it you can quit and keep the kit. Also you don't have to carry loads of stuff with you all the time. I looked into all of them and Pampered chefs the one that I though it gives more money and less trouble. There are loads of bonus in cash and in products that you can earn. Its so easy. Let me know if you are interested my webpage is this page

I would love to talk to you about it in more detail without any compromise. Just a chat!!

nannynick Mon 13-Oct-08 21:07:28

From what I understand of the Usborne Books scheme, is that it does comply with UK law.

However, it is always advisable to read THE TRADING SCHEMES GUIDE before joining any trading scheme, so you know your rights (if you were to decide to join, and then cancel for example) and can find out more about the legislation in place - such as rules regarding advertising, particularly if you intend to recruit others to join the scheme.

chocolatelady Tue 14-Oct-08 00:18:06

Hi so does the pampered chef. Its is all 100% legal and there is no small whriting. As clear as water. Only have to do 4 shows and pay for your Kit wich costs £47 is you have hosted a show and decided to save some points or £97 from fresh start. You will also staet to earn from your first show. There are no hidden agenda and we are talking about the Pampered chef in uk. Call this number 01344293908 and listen to a pre recorded message. Its a head office message for anyone that is thinking of becoming a consultant. If you like it let me know! On the contrary to the Osbourne book there are only 2000 of us in the hole of the uk, scotland and wales. There is still a massive oportunity for grouth!!

baiyu Thu 16-Oct-08 11:13:41

Thanks for all your help. I've actually just joined the team of another MN Usborne lady and I'm looking forward to getting started. I would consider pampered chef but it's not quite so compatible with a 5 month old baby I don't think. I'bve done a lot of reading up on Usborne and I'm happy that there's very little risk and lots of flexibility. I'll let you know how it goes!

chocolatelady Thu 16-Oct-08 15:54:56

Good luck for you. I started Pc when my dd was only 2. But my colleague has got a 6 months and has been doing it well. My other friend is actually preagnent and has got a 18months old. So it is just as flexible. I wish you luck with the books.I hope you signed with lapin!! She was the one that told me about this website!!! its great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now