Talk

Advanced search

Easy-to-use FTP site anyone?

(7 Posts)
thumbsucker Mon 22-Sep-08 15:00:44

I have recently come across a big problem sending and receiving huge files via email. Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive FTP site that doesn't require huge amounts of(ok, any) technical knowledge? It also needs to be secure, with a login for each user so clients can only see their own folder...

vacaloca Mon 22-Sep-08 22:07:22

I use FireFTP and also used CuteFTP before - both free and easy to use.

MrVibrating Tue 23-Sep-08 01:55:59

Do you mean something like yousendit.com?

thumbsucker Wed 24-Sep-08 09:29:07

Thanks. I've tried yousendit.com but it seems expensive. will have another look at both. I like the idea of fireftp and cuteftp being free. cheers.

MrVibrating Wed 24-Sep-08 18:57:20

Is the free Lite version of YouSendIt not going to be big enough for you?

FireFTP and CuteFTP are FTP clients, the things you run on your PC to upload and download things from the FTP server so I don't think they are going to help you.

What is it you are sending? If it is pictures do you need to send them in high resolution? Do you have a web site - if so does your web host provide something suitable?

SqueakyPop Wed 24-Sep-08 19:00:58

Windows Vista has a built in ftp client.

Just type ftp:// instead of http://

thumbsucker Thu 25-Sep-08 15:34:30

I didn't realise there was a free version of yousendit. I'll give it a try - it might be enough. thanks for the advice MrVibrating. Squeakypop, I don't have Vista, unfortunately so can't use that option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now