Advanced search

On-line filing with Companies House.....HELP?

(22 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 07:51:11

I am late (apparently)

I am doing it instead of my acountant - because I don't want to pay him (big mistake)

So what sort are my shares? Are they ordinary?

& when I have entered that - can someone talk me through the rest as it is all gobbledegook complicated?

MelT76 Fri 12-Sep-08 09:39:47

Look at you last set of accounts from the accountant. In the notes, the first few pages, you should find a section about your shares and it will say how many you have and what they are. Usually ordinary.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 09:41:07

is this the first year?

WestMidsAccounts Fri 12-Sep-08 10:34:23

Do you have a copy of your Annual Return - that will give details of shareholdings.

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 13:45:39

It's the first thingie

I have my memorandum and articles of association, I just can't read them sad

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 13:48:08

ok, somewhere towards the end of either the memo or arts it will have subscriber details - what does that say?

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 13:52:41

The companies shae capitol is £100 divided int 100 share of £1 each

Then on the subscriber bit it says Total shares taken ONE

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 13:55:16

right - so AUTHORISED capital is 100 ordinary £1 shares
ISSUED capital is 1 ordinary £1 share - presumably to you?

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 13:56:07

No it was issue to the company who set it up then transferred to me

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 13:58:20

that's ok, as long as it is yours now
any other shares issued since?

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 14:06:09


Number of shares issued: is that 100
Aggregate nominal value of issued shares: is that £100??

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 14:08:44

no, the issued is the same as the taken - so 1 and £1.
The 100 is the authorised - the total amount that the directors are allowed to issue.

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 14:10:19

So is a 88(2) is to fill out?

Do I need one? (I am googling to see what it is)

crumpet Fri 12-Sep-08 14:10:59

Were they filed last year? If so then you can order them from companies house who will email them to you, and unless there have been any changes in teh last 12 months (eg new shares issued etc) then it is likely that it will be the same - and at least give you a head start. The cost is only a pound or two and Co Hse will email them to you within a couple of hours, especially if you order them soonish, you'll have them before the end of the day.

The people on the helpdesk are very nice and very helpful - if you have any quesitons on the form do call them and they will be willing to guide you through (eg they will eb able to walk you through your last qu re. issued/aggregate shares)

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 14:11:40

88(2) is a return of issued shares, if you haven' had any after the 1st one on incorporation then you shouldn't need an 88(2).

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 14:12:21

88(2) is a form you send to Companies House when new shares are issued (that is hopefully clearer)

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 14:12:27

They said they couldn't tell me what to put & that I should speak to my accountant - I guess I rang on a bad day blush

crumpet Fri 12-Sep-08 14:12:34

Call the helpdesk! They also can call up your details on their screens...

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Sep-08 14:14:42

it is the 1st one - they can't tell you what to put - as you have never told them. you won't have this is future years but you have to tell them first.

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 14:18:41

I rang this chap was lovely - shame about the last one

Thank you ladies for all your help, now I can forget about it until next year

crumpet Fri 12-Sep-08 14:21:21

Sorry, I missed the bit about this being the first one.

OK, so they can't give you the information as it doesn't exist yet, but they can help you through whether or not a form 88(2) is needed. Also if you know anyone else with a small business then you could always order one of their returns from co hse(they are public documents) just so you can physically see what a completed form looks like, although I appreciate you are doing this online.

KatyMac Fri 12-Sep-08 15:09:24

Thanks - it's sorted anyway

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: