Talk

Advanced search

Work processing software?

(6 Posts)
staranise Sat 09-Aug-08 12:16:11

Does anyone know of a small-scale work project management software package that would help handle my invoicing etc? I work as a translator/editor from home and need to track invoices, client correspondence etc and am up to my eyes in paperwork etc. What software do you use to handle this sort of thing? I work by myself from home so it needs to be cheap and small-scale, nothing too complicated!! Many thanks )

staranise Mon 11-Aug-08 16:55:42

Bump smile

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 11-Aug-08 17:11:31

I would look at the Sage stuff. You should be able to google it.
They do various accounts packages starting quite cheap, and a client management package called ACT.
I work freelance for other small businesses and most of them use the various sage packages and one or two use the ACT.
Hope this helps!
I am just going to start using the smallest one, Sage Quickbooks as I am just self employed about 15 invs a month to my clients but I have been getting in a pickle with spreadsheet/excel docs etc so think its time I upgraded to something proper!

btw what area are you in, one of my clients is an agent for sage in the northwest so if you bought through her it would make me look good smile

staranise Tue 12-Aug-08 19:00:37

Thanks v much! Afraid I'm in London and Spain so a bit out of yoru area but thanks anyway smile

Whizzz Tue 12-Aug-08 19:05:08

Does Sage allow invoices & contact address books etc but with also facility to plan work schedules? Dh is looking for something where everything can be stored together but he also needs some sort of project management facility too to track his work as he does it so he knows where he is up to with everything

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 13-Aug-08 19:19:17

oo I've no idea!
I'm still at the spreadsheet/diary/word processed invoices stage!

possibly you might manage that on ACT. I would google for sage homepage and see what facilities each package offers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now