Talk

Advanced search

Poxy Paperwork

(15 Posts)
charliecat Sun 03-Aug-08 12:11:39

Does anyone hate it more than me.
Invoices. And receipts. Even just turning the printer on gives me a blood clot.

angry

And breatheeeeeeeeeeee

Roskva Sun 03-Aug-08 13:56:41

probably my dh grin

his office is preternaturally tidy now he's supposed to be doing his accounts...

FranSanDisco Sun 03-Aug-08 13:59:51

My dh seems to be forever doing invoices and/or vat/tax returns. I know it pees him off after working all day.

charliecat Sun 03-Aug-08 14:04:40

Yep. moreangry My printer is printing every second page. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Eddas Sun 03-Aug-08 16:14:14

paperwork is my thingblush but then i am an accoutantgrin

charliecat Sun 03-Aug-08 17:27:46

You enjoy this? <faint> I can feel myself aging with the stress. And the fecking printer not working, oh it would print mumsnet pages but not excel ones. FFS Taking the mick!

Eddas Mon 04-Aug-08 10:00:02

yep 'fraid so blushgrin

i think paperwork is either something you like or hate

how did you get on?

i'm currently trying to find some self-employed work doing just this kind of thing. bookkeeping mainly but that would include producing invoices and secretarial things etc if required. Trying to do it without spending loads on advertising so it's not easy!!

thumbwitch Mon 04-Aug-08 10:06:37

hate it! always leave it til the last minute and then stress about it, especially when the fczg!*@Kng printer plays up!

thumbwitch Mon 04-Aug-08 10:06:39

hate it! always leave it til the last minute and then stress about it, especially when the fczg!*@Kng printer plays up!

GentleOtter Mon 04-Aug-08 10:09:20

You have my everlasting sympathy having just spent four days sorting out boxes and boxes of receipts, bank statements etc which HAD to be handed in for Friday or we were on a £60 a day fine.shock

I look like something from the Night of the Damned today.

charliecat Mon 04-Aug-08 10:28:47

60 a day fineshock Just thinking about that is enough to raise the blood pressure a little.

I got it all sorted. Thought I had finished and then realised I hadnt and so just sat and ploughed through it till it was done.
Why DOES the printer become possessed when you REALLY need it?

Eddas, how does that work? Does someone just jump a pile of receipts and invoices at you and you have to make sense of it? <breaks out in a sweat thinking about it>

Oh yes, the files also wouldnt burn to disk yesterday, no issues any other day, eventually sorted that too.

So I am bang up to date. <wipes brow>

ShrinkingViolet Mon 04-Aug-08 10:39:46

I'm a freelance bookkeeper, and I have clients from both ends of the organisational scale - one sends me a seven page colour coded excel spreadsheet with all her income and expenditure and calculations; one sends me a fat A4 envelope with all his receipts and banks statements in a jumbled mess.
Domestic paperwork is a different story mind, I'm hopeless at that wink

Eddas Mon 04-Aug-08 11:00:46

shrinkingvoilet, you sound jus like megrin ok with other peoples stuff but my personal bits are dumped in a carrier bagblush i sort them randomly as I do have files I just don't file often enoughgrin

charliecat, glad it all got done. feels better once you've finished doesn't it? And yes pretty much people give you a bag of invoices/receipts and you sort it out. My idea of a good night inwinkgrin

GentleOtter Mon 04-Aug-08 11:28:02

Where were you when I needed you ShrinkingViolet? grin

I was given 3 tesco crates that the shopping comes in and some Morrisons bags without the handles and a vague waft of hand in the direction of the farm car.

There were sweet wrappers, paper plates with drawings on, tractor calenders circa nineteen oatcake and oh, the odd receipt.

Roskva Mon 04-Aug-08 11:34:44

dh can't take that approach - a load of his invoices and receipts are in Russian, so he has to decipher them and explain what's what grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now