Talk

Advanced search

Balance due date - I'm pestering you, hey no problem, I will hide in a hole and eat dirt, pay when you want

(5 Posts)
SNoraWotzThat Mon 14-Jul-08 21:13:02

a
stone
blood
of
out
getting
---- rearrange at your leisure while I wait for payment -----

Its so annoying. We all have bills to pay.

SNoraWotzThat Mon 14-Jul-08 21:15:18

Bad payers, tell me if you have one, so I won't feel too bad.

LaineyW Mon 14-Jul-08 21:26:20

Hello SNoraWotzThat, I'm a freelance writer and proofer. Did a massive job for a local company (going back a few years now mind you...) and they were really bad at paying. In the end, I went online and you can actually bring some sort of action against them (ie. sue them). I told my bad payer this and the cheque came pretty quickly.

There's quite a lot of advice on the net, stuff like www.payontime.co.uk/doctor/faq.html.

Hth.

suey2 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:31:18

agree. I hit them with the small claims court. you have to go about it the right way: i think it is 2 letters first the second of which is recorded- but i am sure it is on their site. I think it costs very little for the first letter from them- but in the vast majority of cases they pay up at the second letter which has to say something about referring to the small claims court. HTH

SNoraWotzThat Mon 14-Jul-08 21:43:32

Thanks, it just makes my blood boil with all the time you waste, when you could be doing some real work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now