Talk

Advanced search

Got my first books fro Lulu today...

(11 Posts)
madamez Wed 09-Jul-08 18:45:36

And the quality is Not Bad At All.
Has anyone else done any self-pulbishing, and how did you get on?

sleepycat Wed 09-Jul-08 20:57:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madamez Thu 10-Jul-08 00:18:17

It really doesn't cost much, sleepycat. I got 3 copies of my not-so-deathless prose for under £20 - and you don't have to buy any unless you want to, there is no start up cost.

I have to say that though I love it, I don;t think it makes the publishing industry irrelevant. What it should kill off once and for all is scumbag vanity publishers.

quickdrawmcgraw Thu 10-Jul-08 21:31:56

Oh this is so GREAT! I've been looking for something like this for ages. it's good to know the quality is good too. I don't think I'd sell my book in shops but I'd love to get a few copies so that all that work wasn't for nothing.

quickdrawmcgraw Mon 21-Jul-08 09:27:19

I just got my book back today and am absolutely delighted with it!! Mine is a 30 page, full colour childrens book and they did it beautifully! I just couldn't believe the price too. you couldn't get anything printed at that price anywhere else. I'm thrilled.
Thanks for posting madamez

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 21-Jul-08 11:26:29

I downloaded (someone else's) ebook on lulu. Thought it looked interesting but their forums are rather quiet so I wasn't sure it was all that busy.

Interesting thread.

Barnical Fri 25-Jul-08 16:55:25

I'm happy with LULU too!!
I use it for promtional coffee table portfolio books for health spas etc. Have got quiet a lot of work this way.

NickiSue Tue 05-Aug-08 00:03:17

Woah! Have I got this right? If you have written something, you can chose to have a one-off copy made up for a reasonable fee?

My Dad has written something and I'd love to have it made up into a paperback or even hardcover for xmas (for a start!). The problem is, I have a print-off, not a disc copy - could I send a print off?

Thank you for posting this!

NickiSue Tue 05-Aug-08 00:09:26

Oh! I've just seen it needs uploading - bugge. I cant get the copy off dad, (ruin suprise), I'd need to type all 400 pages lol. Bugger!

Lemontart Tue 05-Aug-08 00:12:14

If you have a lot of images, Blurb is great. Did a lovely homemade cookery book for a friend’s wedding present full of old memories and photos, recipes and kid’s pictures. They did a fab job of printing it and the free software for creating the book was very easy to use and flexible. Different from LULU but worth a look if you are into self publishing in a small way

solidgoldbrass Tue 05-Aug-08 22:00:20

NickiSue: I just had a look at my other old favourite printers but they now don't do runs of less than 100. Could you enlist friends and family to help with the typing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now