Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Offering a couple of free doula services

(9 Posts)
Anasha Tue 08-Jul-08 23:21:36

Hi
I am a student birth doula. A doula is a birth companion trained in childbirth to provide emotional support and assistance to the woman who is expecting, in labour or recently given birth.

As a birth doula I can meet you for coffee or meet you and your partner at home to discuss your birth plan, Preparation for labour

1. Preparation for birth

2. Encouraging your baby into optimum position for labour and birth

3. Protecting your birth environment

4. Exploring your birth choices

5. Establish feeding

I will be available to you 2 weeks prior to birth. I am currently offering this service free to 2 women in the Croydon area. If you would like to know please contact me.

Anasha

phraedd Wed 09-Jul-08 09:15:32

is this covering all of the normal doula roles or just the 2 weeks prior to the birth?

Surely the experience you need is to be on call for 2 weeks either side of their due date, a coupla of pre natal visits, the birth and one or two post natal visits?

Anasha Thu 10-Jul-08 16:08:04

Hi phraedd
I am currently looking to do just the birth doula role at the present moment which involves: one consultation plus 2 visits before the birth, be with the mother during labour and 1 postnatal visit.

Anasha

cheesesarnie Thu 10-Jul-08 16:09:51

i wish you were in my area(oh and that i was pregnantgrin)

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 16:10:45

wish you were near me my midwife is shite

lulumama Thu 10-Jul-08 16:12:10

i think that phraedd was trying to clarify that you will be on call for the period 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the due date?

who did you train with anasha? i did the nurturing birth course..smile

Anasha Sat 12-Jul-08 23:17:36

I would be on call 2 weeks prior the due date and one week after. However if the mother needs me for longer then that can be arranged.

I am currently doing my course with Doula consultancy services which is held at Middlesex University.

Anasha

phraedd Sun 13-Jul-08 18:26:36

anasha.... is that a doula uk recognised course?

I too did my training with nurturing birth (with Kicki - lovely lady grin )

Anasha Sun 13-Jul-08 23:19:17

No. It is not with Doula Uk, this course is in association with National Childbirth Trust (NCT). Once qualified I get a certificate from Middlesex university, a certificate from the NCT as well as Doula Consultancy Services (agency).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now