Talk

Advanced search

How to get Google to bring up my website when people search on my company name?

(10 Posts)
skippysmum Tue 01-Jul-08 09:31:23

Anyone know how this works - I tagged my website with key words but it doesn't come up even when I put in the specific name.

pickie Tue 01-Jul-08 09:34:53

when did you this as Google might take up to 6 (gulp) months to googlebot your site. if you like instant results try Google adwords but make sure to set budget parameters correct!

littlelapin Tue 01-Jul-08 09:36:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skippysmum Tue 01-Jul-08 13:51:08

Thanks Lapin....thanks also for the Moonfruit suggestion - it was very easy and the site looks good!

flowerybeanbag Tue 01-Jul-08 14:20:56

You can submit your website to Google. That's what I did, I haven't got around to putting in keywords or any other search optimisation stuff, but I submitted it to Google and it now comes up.

Hang on.

Here you go. If you go to Google home page, there's a link saying 'About Google', click on that and there's loads of useful information for website owners/businesses.

Sputnik Tue 01-Jul-08 14:32:27

If a search under your specific name turns up nothing then Google hasn't "seen" your website yet. The best way to fix this is get other sites to link it, Google gives a lot of "weight" to the number and quality of sites linking in to yours.

Look for directory sites that will link you for free, or pay for some ads. A link from www.dmoz.org is important (but this really does take ages)

The more sites linking to you the better, and the quicker google will find you (think 6 months is an over estimate btw), you could even do a link from this thread

schneebly Tue 01-Jul-08 14:37:59

skippysmum - moonfruit is very easy to use isnt it! I used it for my site www.babysittersouthport.moonfruit.com

I submitted it to google and linked to it on here and on my social networking site and it showed up soon enough.

Good luck!

skippysmum Tue 01-Jul-08 16:38:42

Have registered with Google so let's hope that comes up soon.
I would link to my site but then I'd have my cover blown wink!

phraedd Wed 09-Jul-08 09:19:54

do you have friends that would let you put a link on their site for you?

stallfinder Wed 09-Jul-08 16:18:36

I'd work on your content and make sure you have lots of relavant keywords. If you read up a bit on SEO there's lots you can do but it takes a while for the search engines to pick up new sites/changes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now