Talk

Advanced search

Which email address for new business?

(10 Posts)
MaryPlain59 Sun 10-Jun-18 08:51:55

I am starting a self employed business and wondered what would be considered the most professional email provider address to set up (eg: business@hotmail/business@gmail etc)? Would really appreciate any advice.

laptopdisaster Sun 10-Jun-18 08:53:08

not hotmail or gmail. ideally your own doman "Mary@mybusiness.co.uk"

great username by the way, I love the Mary Plain books!

alternate Sun 10-Jun-18 08:54:16

Never hotmail! Gmail is a better option but can’t you get a proper business address somehow? mary@businessname.com looks much more professional.

MaryPlain59 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:31:38

Thank you both for your very helpful advice, I really appreciate it x

GrainneWail Sun 10-Jun-18 09:35:23

If you have a website you should have a matching email. You can use Gmail as your email server if you want, but I agree with others that your domain is a much better email address to have.

MaryPlain59 Wed 13-Jun-18 07:13:50

Thank you all for your help. Is there a cost for having the email address you have suggested and do you have to already have a website set up before getting that email address? (I haven't set up my website as yet).

pacer142 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:23:37

Yes, there is a cost to buy the domain name and host it. Some provide hosting free if you buy the domain through them. The domain name can be very cheap, maybe £10-£25. I have lots of domains and literally dozens of email addresses, which I bought from freeola.com/free-email/ who do the hosting. There are similar firms such as www.123-reg.co.uk/email-hosting/. You could do a quick google for others.

MaryPlain59 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:26:44

Thank you so much pacer, that really helps me alot x

lljkk Thu 14-Jun-18 20:22:41

@gmail is fine, hotmail is tainted.

GenieneAzalea Wed 18-Jul-18 17:56:52

It is better to create a business email as it looks more professional. iI have almost 20 years in marketing and I have just created a course with some tips for new businesses and its free at the moment if you would like to use it help with your start up business its at sass-and-self-help.teachable.com/p/free-marketing-guide-for-your-spiritual-holistic-business

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: