Talk

Advanced search

Anyone made money from ironing?

(3 Posts)
PandaEyes2 Tue 05-Jun-18 08:34:06

Hi

I've been looking for something I can do from home to make some extra money as my son is 19 months old.

I came across ironing. I don't mind ironing once I'm into the swing of it and if I'm being paid to do it then that's motivation itself.

Has anyone worked for an ironing company before? It's self employed but they provide you with the work. They pay you by black sacks and drop them off and pick it up the next day.

Just interested to hear peoples thoughts and experiences before I commit to something.

FatBarry Wed 13-Jun-18 08:04:55

I have t but I do drop off all my shirts at a local ironing business. They are very very popular. I pay 95p per shirt and drop the shirts off with hangers. I collect the next day and the shirts are beautifully professionally ironed and hung and covered in plastic (like dry cleaning). This business charges per item rather than per bag.

I would think if you are being paid per black bag full it's going to be very hard work for not much return as I assume the company take their cut.

Can't you get some prices and advertise locally? Cut out the middle man.

Tobuyornot99 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:06:40

Go direct, advertise on FB / Gumtree / card in your local shop. The margins probably aren't big enough to share with someone else

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: