Talk

Advanced search

Daily rates

(6 Posts)
te7037 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:53:42

I was approached by a company with an offer of a 13-month contract role with a daily rate of £300 for umbrella company or £235 under PAYE.

I wish to know the actual salary (including holiday pays) of permanent roles that offer the same rates for umbrella companies and PAYEs.

Anyone can help?

KadabrasSpoon Wed 14-Feb-18 17:51:56

You can't really compare a contract rate with a permanent salary easily. Because as a freelancer you are responsible for your own insurance, tax, accounts, holiday / sick pay etc.

te7037 Wed 14-Feb-18 22:56:08

Thanks, but any rough idea will do. I have been cheated once so I wish to avoid a similar issue again.

KadabrasSpoon Wed 14-Feb-18 23:26:22

How do you mean cheated?

bialystockandbloom Wed 14-Feb-18 23:33:44

Doesn't this depend on what business you're in? confused Eg a self-employed consultant lawyer would have a different rate ph or pd than, say, a proofreader. Not quite sure what you're asking? I do freelance work and charge according to my level of experience and expertise, comparable with my field.

extinctspecies Mon 19-Feb-18 18:44:29

Surely it depends how much holiday you would be entitled to under the PAYE contract?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now