Talk

Advanced search

How does your hourly rate compare to your daily one?

(6 Posts)
windowboxes Tue 07-Nov-17 18:32:33

Not as simple as it sounds in the title!

I am a Marketing consultant and normally work for clients on a daily rate but from time to time get asked to do jobs by the hour. In the past I have just charged daily rate / 8 to work out an hourly charge but I am wondering what others do? I am realising that really 1hrs work is not the same as it cuts into my day. Also other freelancer's seem to charge more for a job that is 3hrs for example than if it's one full day e.g. a day would cost you £200 but 3 hours would be £100. Can anyone share how they work this out?

karriecreamer Tue 07-Nov-17 19:03:43

I charge £500 for a full day or £300 for half day working at clients' premises. Otherwise £90 per hour working at my office.

Snap8TheCat Tue 07-Nov-17 19:07:05

£5.50 an hour or £51 a day

bunerison Wed 08-Nov-17 14:52:35

£350 a day, £200 per half day. I don't do hourly.

windowboxes Fri 10-Nov-17 11:52:08

Thank you this is useful and I will adjust my rates accordingly!

GrumpyOldBag Fri 10-Nov-17 18:23:12

£500 a day.

A day is of variable length however - if there's a lot of travelling it might go from 8 am to 10 pm & I'd still charge the same.

But if I'm working a few hours a week over a period of a few weeks I tend to add up the hours and divide by 7.5 to get the number of days I invoice for for project/per month, and then round up or down to the nearest half day.

Don't get asked to do things on an hourly basis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now