Talk

Advanced search

Hourly rate for Virtual PA/Business Admin job

(6 Posts)
BellaMoo Mon 06-Nov-17 17:09:35

(also posted in Employment Issues)
I would really appreciate some advice. I’m meeting someone running a creative business tomorrow to talk about helping him to do the admin side of his business. So client liaison, overseeing projects, updating website, billing clients etc. I’ll be mostly working from home. It will be the first time he’s had someone doing this so I guess i’ll be helping to set up the systems etc. The business is successful and although creative most of his clients are corporate. He also has a couple of other people working for him on the creative side - something he’s hoping to grow.

I did a similar job a couple of years ago and got £25 an hour!! I know this is probably ridiculous but I’m not sure where to pitch this now. Realistically, what should I ask for?

LittleWitch Mon 06-Nov-17 17:14:10

Mine charges £22.

Fourmagpies Mon 06-Nov-17 17:16:35

£25 an hour is the norm around here (East Mids)

BellaMoo Mon 06-Nov-17 17:26:20

Oh wow ok. That’s interesting to hear and maybe I can confidently expect around £25ph. We’re in the South East.

I might start there and negotiate. Thanks again

Clavender Thu 09-Nov-17 13:12:22

£25 per hour is pretty normal I think for this sort of thing, I've seen some charge more, and in the south east you probably can. If you google other people offering similar services you may find their prices on their websites to compare?

BellaMoo Fri 10-Nov-17 22:05:03

Thanks for the advice. I suggested £25 ph and he agreed. He’s also very happy for me to fit the hours in around the kids which is perfect!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: