Talk

Advanced search

Neal's Yard Organics

(2 Posts)
gigi556 Mon 06-Nov-17 10:04:32

I have toyed for some time with the idea of starting a side business teaching people to make their own cosmetics. I currently use Young Living essential oils and buy carrier oils etc from other companies. My sister is a distributor for Young Living and I absolutely love their products, but I think their MLM business model isn't great. You have to spend a lot of money on the products, sell kits and really get people to sign up as distributors to make money, etc. It's difficult to make any money selling individual oils/products which is more what I'm interested in.

I was looking into Neal's Yard as a friend recommended them and also a friend who is an aromatherapist also uses them. I like the idea of selling the oils alongside doing classes on making your own products. Does anyone know if this would be against Neal's Yard Policy? Can you sell other products alongside Neal's Yard? I know I can fill in their online form for more information, but just wondered what experience other mumsnetters had with Neal's Yard and if anyone is selling their products what kind of money they are making.

I know a lot of people are anti-MLM/direct selling. My idea is actually charging for cosmetic making classes (perhaps aimed at Hen Do's etc) and selling Neal's Yard as a side to the classes - primarily the essential oils and carrier oils to make their own at home. The appeal to me is the low start up costs and not needing to carry my own inventory.

I have started threads on other business ideas and I may run this alongside another idea I have.

TIA!

gigi556 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:00:34

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now