Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any self employed single parents out there?

(3 Posts)
telephonetennis Thu 02-Nov-17 12:02:48

Just that really... does anyone work for themselves as a single parent and does it work for you? Thinking of making the jump as hoping it would give more more job satisfaction and some degree of flexibility. (although hard work) Also tired of working in poorly paid little part time roles. Which are also hard to come by.
Any info at all would be very much appreciated.

spottystripey Tue 07-Nov-17 19:08:21

I'm a gardener and a single parent. I just work school hours. It's very low paid and I am going to have to do something different soon to make ends meet. But I recommend it if you can make it work - you're your own boss, you can work when it suits you, get free daily exercise and you're out in the fresh air so it's great for mental health. I have done it for just over a year and I love it (just wish it was more lucrative!).

Badbadtromance Wed 08-Nov-17 17:18:24

I'm a single mum and self employed. Works great would never do anything else. I can do school run and all school stuff plus after school stuff. Love it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now