Talk

Advanced search

Freelancing and studying CIPD

(4 Posts)
dalevj77 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:41:22

Hi,

I’ve been self employed for two years as a consultant and trainer and I’m considering studying for CIPD Level 5 qualification. However as I don’t currently work in an HR role and my experience in HR mainly through my work as a Diversity and Inclusion professional has been working on a few projects, I’m concerned that I won’t have the ability to apply what I learn or applying any real work experience to my studies. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so what did you do? I have thought about job shadowing. I have a few LinkedIn contacts who I keep in touch with and meet up for coffee and also clients I have worked with previously. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TittyGolightly Tue 03-Oct-17 18:00:41

Is there a reason you want to do CIPD?

dalevj77 Tue 03-Oct-17 18:47:51

Hi, yes it’s because I want to boost my opportunities for working with employers and the need to have a detailed understanding of HR is essential if I want to offer consultancy and training for employers. Plus boosts my future prospects for dealing with other HR issues.

mummyinatizz Thu 19-Oct-17 14:20:34

I did my masters in HR full time and wasn't working n HR before, I was hoping it would be my route into HR. It worked for me, in those days and I was able to get onto the course. I'm not sure what the entry requirements are now, for the level 5. We used case studies/well known companies for our assignments. good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now