Talk

Advanced search

Becoming a Virtual Assistant

(18 Posts)
mummyofeva1 Wed 12-Jul-17 16:13:35

Hi Everyone,

Thinking about becoming a Virtual Assistant. Are there any other mums who are currently doing this, Freelance or through the likes of Timeetc ?
My current job is part time its just not working out for our family. We are TTC baby no2 so looking for flexible work i could do from home.

Thanks smile

Clavender Thu 20-Jul-17 10:54:41

Not doing it myself but have met others who do and it seems to work well for mums. If you need support setting up you can always look into running a franchise, there are various companies that offer these I think, try googling it.

taheera77 Mon 24-Jul-17 15:55:43

Hi there, I've done this in the past and I also help others get started. Message me if you're interested to chat about this.

Linlon Fri 13-Oct-17 13:51:35

Hi

I am interested in being a virtual assistant. Would you pm me with where is legit ? Thanks

rainorshine39 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:50:30

Hi I'd be really interested in doing this if anyone could help?

Lanloon Mon 13-Nov-17 16:09:18

Hi Taheera77

I’m interested.

notsodimwit Sun 19-Nov-17 04:11:40

I'm interested also

NavyGold Sun 19-Nov-17 10:43:20

I'd appreciate some information on this too please

SweetMummy911 Thu 23-Nov-17 13:54:17

taheera77 I'd love more info on this too - tried to DM you but unfortunately got a bounce back. Can you share some details on this thread?

Yummy01 Mon 22-Jan-18 16:53:37

I became a Virtual Assistant a few months ago. Early days but I am loving it! x

debbiepinto Tue 06-Feb-18 09:43:11

Also looking to become a Virtual Assistant but don't know what is legit

debbiepinto Tue 06-Feb-18 09:45:17

@Yummy01 Would you give me more information? It's so hard finding out what is legit. Thanks a million grin

cocktailismyfavouritefilm Tue 06-Feb-18 09:59:11

Could you pm me some information too please.

emilia1506 Tue 06-Feb-18 16:15:51

I am a Virtual PA (I love it!) and am a franchisee for a company called Pink Spaghetti PA Services - I’ve just completed the first phase of their franchise training and would really recommend them. Feel free to message me if you’d like me to give you any more details :-)

Yummy01 Tue 06-Feb-18 17:41:50

Hi all, so basically, I have been working as a PA or within office support for most of my life. I was made redundant (dirty word) at the same time of going through a bereavement, so it was a horrible time. I tried going through agencies to get back into work and I just hated it, and decided I wanted to work for myself. I got a few months wages behind me and looked at how to become a freelance VA. There were so many courses out there, but I thought they were expensive. I did find a course that I kept googling all the time and it seemed really good with all the great testimonials, but I wasn't sure. Anyway- I got stuck, so after mulling it over I took the plunge- it was a 'shut my eyes and press pay' moment. It was a great decision as it basically held my hand through the whole process from start to finish. I now know lots of Virtual Assistants online, some of them have become a VA whilst working and transitioned into it that way, others have come from backgrounds that were not PA based such as in HR etc. Anyway, I’m waffling! I’m happy to give any advice about being a VA if you would like to message me x

Maja123 Fri 16-Feb-18 17:52:47

Hi
I have already 3 year old with 15h blessing nursery and in a month will welcome baby girl. I was thinking to become virtual assistant. Is it possible to be mum of 2 small and do little hours (I want to do just 5-10h a week) or is it totally crazy idea? Also is it better to do freelancing or work for Time etc, or other esablished agency.

Yummy01 Fri 16-Feb-18 18:51:06

Hi Maja, it's totally possible to do a few hours- that's the beauty of being a VA. Personally my life circumstances changed and I was able to fit my work around life and not the other way around. You can defo try Time, the rate they give is lower than what you could charge if you were freelance but it's swings and roundabouts! There is a freelance site called Upwork and there is Freelancer, Fiverr and a bunch of others you could look into. Some 'real life' agencies are taking on Virtual Assistants too I have noticed which is great! This was the holy grail for me: VAHandbook Hope that is of some help. I say go for it! xx Ps Congratulations on your new little ones imminent arrival!

Crunchingcarrots Wed 01-Aug-18 20:33:57

What does a VA actually do?
Im looking into working from home and keen to know what this entails.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: