Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I differentiate from all the other 'work from home' roles out there?

(5 Posts)
3xplor Thu 27-Apr-17 19:37:25

I'm a mum setting up a new business exploring property and places online in video and virtual reality. Later this year, I'd like to recruit mums as community managers who would encourage local businesses to upload a promotional video in return for 25% of the listing fees. It seems there's such bad publicity around commission-only or work from home roles though. Does the role sound tacky and would you be wary? If not, any ideas on how I can differentiate from all the 'retire at 45' rubbish out there while attracting talented people? Thanks for helping with the research and your advice.

Catinthecorner Thu 27-Apr-17 20:25:41

If you want talented people you need to pay them. That's the bottom line.

Hoppinggreen Fri 28-Apr-17 09:29:10

Mumsnet pay local editors commission only so I don't see that as a big issue
Not sure how easy it wouid be to persuade local businesses though and whether people would actually want to watch promotional videos

Semaphorically Fri 28-Apr-17 09:34:11

Regardless of what you do, you'll attract lots of people not qualified for the job, all job adverts do. So you need a good selection process.

To make sure people who are qualified apply, think about it from their perspective. How will it improve their skill set? How will it look when they apply for their next role? Are they set up for success in terms of the training, resources and approach of the business? Are there extra bonuses for impressive sales performance or other incentives aside from the base commission?

EssentialHummus Fri 28-Apr-17 09:34:57

I think cat nailed it, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now