Talk

Advanced search

Ltd company - which pension provider?

(11 Posts)
SasherinSuite Thu 27-Apr-17 12:38:02

I am a contractor and am employed by my ltd company. I want the company to start paying into a pension to save for my future and also offset company profits. Can anyone recommend a pension provider for this?

SasherinSuite Tue 02-May-17 11:32:15

bump

SummerKelly Sun 07-May-17 20:10:09

I have this problem too. I did go to see a financial adviser but they wanted so much money for a full review when I only want a basic recommendation, so I guess I need to find someone else. There are some online best investment type tables that I looked at, but I'm still a bit bewildered!

GavelRavel Sun 07-May-17 20:10:55

I'm.in the same.position exactly do would love to know!

GavelRavel Sun 07-May-17 20:34:13

So would love to know

MugwumpSupreme Mon 08-May-17 13:52:19

I use Hargreaves Lansdown. Nice and easy to deal with and won awards for best pension providers. Low fees too.

GavelRavel Wed 17-May-17 19:19:06

anyone else?

peukpokicuzo Wed 17-May-17 19:29:25

I had a similar problem a few months ago because proper IFA advice is expensive. In the end I got a nice one who was a friend of a friend to give me some informal pointers free of charge. Which summed up to:

All the big household name pension providers have a managed fund personal pension option which are reasonably equivalent to one another. During the first few years it really won't make that much difference which one you are with so just pick one.

Once your fund reaches a significant value after at least a decade of contributions and growth you can choose to pay 1% of its value to an IFA to see if they can advise you how to get better returns (and if they can tweak it by 2% you are quids in).

Don't waste money on the higher charges of a SIPP scheme if you aren't going to actively manage your investment. Schemes that just let you pick from a limited list of managed funds are cheaper in terms of fees charged. Apparently loads of people buy a SIPP and then just leave all their money in a managed fund year in year out but paying for flexibility that they never use.

GavelRavel Wed 17-May-17 19:34:45

really useful, thanks

peukpokicuzo Wed 17-May-17 21:20:27

The other wisdom I got was that the rule of thumb (which I'm not managing to follow yet but hope to work up to it) is that the percentage of your income that goes into your pension should be half your age - so age 20=10%, 30=15%, 40=20% etc.

Laurendisorder Wed 17-May-17 22:51:59

NEST

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now