Talk

Advanced search

Ex academic- Getting started in writing (freelance)

(3 Posts)
Millie2013 Tue 21-Mar-17 07:31:13

Hello,

Bit of background- I am an ex academic, with a science background with a medical bias. I have had a couple of years off work, to raise my daughter, but now she is soon to be starting school, I am keen to get back into the workplace.

I am open to suggestions as to what to do, but one thing that has been suggested to me and one thing I keep coming back to is writing. I haven't published extensively, as during the latter years in academia, I was teaching focussed, but I have a few publications under my belt. I don't really mind what I write to begin with, I just want to dip my toe in the water!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get started? I have looked briefly at a couple of freelancing websites (Freelancer and Upwork), but other than that I am flummoxed. Any suggestions/help would be very gratefully received. Thank you!

lews Tue 21-Mar-17 17:48:27

Take a look at some of the pharmaceutical recruitment company websites (carrotpharma, emed etc.). They seem to be always looking for medical writers, many working from home.

Millie2013 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:06:00

Thank you, that's great! I'll do that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now