Talk

Advanced search

Social media (specifically Twitter) strategy

(6 Posts)
RockinInAFreeWorld Tue 07-Feb-17 11:33:07

Anyone willing to share their top tips for writing a social media (specifically Twitter) strategy/headings or template to write a strategy under?

So far i’ve come up with:

1.How Twitter differs to Instagram, Pintrest - not just broadcasting your content but tapping into opportunities for conversation
2.Planning ahead – scheduling Tweets ahead of time so there’s never a stagnant period
3.Avoid just RTing links, add a line of your own insight to spark conversation
4.Space out Tweets to improve visibility
5.Don’t be afraid to recycle content
6.If you’re worried about something being controversial – don’t tweet it
7.Remember the internet is forever
8.Use relevant hashtags
9.Use a variety of media
10.Analyse metrics
11.Audit and learn from results of audit

Possibly this is a mix of strategy and tips i’ve laid out?? Can they all come under a ‘strategy’?

TIA!

Shukinskaya Tue 07-Feb-17 17:08:07

Is it for a client OP? If it was me I would get their short and long term goals and then use the above to tailor the strategy to the goals.

tiredofhavingtothinkofnewnames Tue 07-Feb-17 19:03:03

Is it for a school project?

justatoe1 Tue 07-Feb-17 23:22:11

Building relationships & influencer marketing are the most important strategy for Twitter, otherwise it's just mud flinging.

Fourbyfour Sat 18-Feb-17 23:11:46

I wouldn't say that's a strategy at all, just basic tips for making the most of a social media presence. A strategy needs to be uniquely designed based on aims and objectives, and each step measurable. Think SMART goals.

GrumpyOldBag Sun 19-Feb-17 17:31:55

Start with business objectives.

End with measuring successful outcomes.

You also need to include building a relevant follower base & identifying and interacting with key influencers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now