Talk

Advanced search

How to work from home?

(8 Posts)
justanotheryoungmother Sun 08-Jan-17 18:48:36

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get into working from home? I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with my first, and whilst I'd be happy to work, I don't think that anyone will employ me because I'm pregnant ( I know that's discrimination but I'm sure they'd use another reason). I'm currently doing a Level 3 NVQ from home to fill up my time, but I'm still bored a lot and would love to earn some money before DD arrives. I have retail experience, as we'll as being a supervisor for six weeks in a shop, if that's of any relevance.

If anyone knows of any good websites or companies that I could look at, then please let me know your recommendations smile

Many thanks smile

stumblymonkey Mon 09-Jan-17 09:38:51

It might be worth posting on the Chat thread as it gets much more traffic...

stumblymonkey Mon 09-Jan-17 09:39:57

Or see this thread for some ideas...

Are there ANY legitimate 'work from home' opportunities?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/freelancers/2594592-Are-there-ANY-legitimate-work-from-home-opportunities

Hotforyou831 Fri 13-Jan-17 09:21:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Manumission Fri 13-Jan-17 09:29:49

Well I'd ignore that^ hmmsmile

I think the best, most sustainable WFHing is taking your existing skills and translating them into a freelance or remote working pattern.

How about customer service call handling? If you were determined you might be in with a chance of tracking down an opportunity. It depends if you actually intend to actively care for the baby while you work I suppose.

What's your NVQ in?

ionasix Fri 27-Jan-17 10:52:14

I started a home salon, i do nails and threading/waxing. You have an initial outlay for courses and stock, however once up and running you choose the hours. There is a book called "How to Create a Home Beauty Salon". It guided me through the whole setup.
Good luck in whatever you find.

user1481675047 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:43:54

glamourlooknails1 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:31:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now