Advanced search

3months day rate then ftc

(5 Posts)
autumnglow Tue 29-Nov-16 19:50:57

I've (nearly) been offered a 3mth contract day rate then I'll move on to a 2 yr fixed term contract and will be treated as an employee would. What do I do about my tax etc for the 3 months just declare is in my tax rtn?

bigredfireengine Wed 30-Nov-16 08:19:42

TBH sounds dodgy. Why would you and they want to do this?

yellowflags Wed 30-Nov-16 08:23:41

Yes, register as self employed first and then declare it on your tax return

autumnglow Wed 30-Nov-16 12:39:08

Thanks - do I just speak to tax office? it's not dodgy at all x

yellowflags Sat 03-Dec-16 23:10:39

Yes, call up the tax office. You need a unique tax reference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now