Talk

Advanced search

what do you do in quiet times?

(10 Posts)
museumum Tue 29-Nov-16 14:57:04

I worked stupidly hard earlier this year and have already earned more for this financial year than I did last year. However, right now I'm under-busy... I am seeking new work but nothing is likely to get going now before Christmas due to the industry I'm in and I need to be careful as I have some annual work already scheduled for February/March.

What do you do when you're quiet? Marketing? Blogging? Training? Tidying/sorting the office/filing? housework or house/garden projects? or do you just take some time to relax?
I'm torn between all of the above and so doing none of them properly, neither being productive nor relaxing.
What do you do?

Hoppinggreen Tue 29-Nov-16 15:01:01

My last contract ended in July and my new one starts in January
I went abroad for August and am now just chilling out really, I'm doing some mentoring and voluntary work but apart from meeting friends and walking the dog that's about it.
I did have grand plans involving redecorating bits of the house and sorting loft etcbut it's not really happened.

DoubleCarrick Tue 29-Nov-16 15:04:09

I enjoy the break and take it as annual leave, do some book keeping and pick up some slack on the housework. When dh has down time he uses as an opportunity to pick the house renovations back up.

TheCakes Tue 29-Nov-16 15:05:00

Panic. Try not to spend any money.

museumum Tue 29-Nov-16 15:06:27

I think I need to stop feeling either guilty or like a failure for not being busy.

Myrobalanna Tue 29-Nov-16 15:07:01

Thinking up new ideas for expansion and researching those. Even if the results end up not being what I want, I know it's time saved down the line.

TheCakes Tue 29-Nov-16 15:14:20

If your cash flow is fine, enjoy the break. December is busy enough.

Badbadbunny Tue 29-Nov-16 17:10:24

Administration, book-keeping, tidying/archiving files, training etc. All the stuff that needs doing but goes to the bottom of the list when there are other client deadlines etc.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 30-Nov-16 18:10:50

I don't. I am always on the hussle but I know I should relax. Can you see it as annual leave paid for by your earlier work? Which is easy for me to type, less so to do-

Well done on beating your income compared to last year. wine

eyelevelgrill Wed 07-Dec-16 22:20:36

Snap!

It's tricky isn't it? After 12 years, why don't I believe it will pick up?

Thankfully I am getting quite embedded with the law firm I work with. It's comforting to know they are marketing my services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now